Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yard Work Is Fun!

I went out onto the patio this morning with coffee in hand and a mission in mind. I'm going to weed the garden area and I'm going to do the whole thing no matter how intimidating the mass of weeds are. And trust me, there are a lot of those weeds.




I started at the side of the house were I want to plant some bulbs for next spring. These funny little weeds have been growing for quite sometime now. There was mostly one kind and they have cute little flowers that turn into these dark bluish purplish berries. I smashed a lot of the berries in my gloves trying to pull those suckers out. And apparently that area is the place to be for a spider because I saw about fifty of them and I'm not exaggerating. I do feel a little bad for tearing apart their sweet little area, but it had to be done for the greater good (ha ha ha).
After that I needed to change out of my slippers and long sleeve shirt plus scarf. I didn't really want to get my slippers all dirty and I was starting to get a bit warm. Plus I had to put a belt on to save anyone watching from seeing my butt-crack. Sorry neighbors bending over a bunch tends to pull my pants down a little.




Then I cleared the garden beds and some of the area near the fence that appeared to be missed throughout the random other weeding I've done since moving here. As I should have expected, I had a slight allergic reaction to something I pulled up, my skin was stinging and getting red blotches. I was wearing gloves, but with my skin, I should know that is usually bound to happen.




And a last note about weeding, some of the those damn things have roots that are practically impossible to rip out of the ground! Seriously eight inches deep and an inch thick. Although a failed attempt, I tried to employ my roommates dog, Dagny, to dig up the suckers for me. She just looked at me like "You have the shovel, you do it" and then went to chew on a stick.




Now It's time to head to the store and get me some bulbs, but I may wait to do that until tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks great love! :) Sounds like fun! I wish I had an area tio do that with!!

    ReplyDelete